Saturday, November 10, 2007


See what slowing down will do?

Patience- you see the rock that cooled slowly – yet very quickly as earth measures her physical time - quick enough that no crystals formed – just the solid lava that you see.

I watched, and saw the distant ridge taken down in an instant. I felt the fall of thousands of giants, the rumble of their wanton destruction,

I myself have been cleaved and am but a part of what I was. The rest hauled off for some other rampart. My gleaming stone aged and discolored. My shine diminished.

Yet beneath this surface that you see, I gleam still. It is the nature of shining – One cannot see it until it is stripped of the outer stuff. But once wounded in such a way, the shine is brilliant and beautiful – clean and clear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having a flashback of the Tucson valley when volcanos
were forming and building up the Santa Catalina mountains when a large explosion from the northwest corner shoots fire, ashes, lava, and hot burning embers. As the smoke starts to clear a large volcanic cone slides through the smoke, gliding on its own lava beneath. The mound slides along to its resting place leaving a trail of its own while reducing the height of this new "mountain" to a few hundred feet tall. This dark mountain stands above a gurgling stream of water. The time is back to the present. It is hot and a big white A scars the mountain. Huh?